Hello,

You will need to subsample that, 4GB is way too much to display at once
unless you have crazy hardware. One way of doing that is by building an
octree and rendering only a fixed amount of points closest to the camera
position.

For the rendering itself the fastest method is to use instancing and a
custom shader that will generate whatever needs to be displayed for each
point e.g. using a geometry shader. In that way you can render a few
millions of points every frame without too much craziness if you have
decent hardware.

Jan