24h ??? for 40 GB ??!... how are you doing this ? you have access to a
BlueGene computer or something like that ??!! :-)... From my side I need
days or even weeks to build the blue marble data (with imagery and elevation
only !!!)... (for example on a "standard" laptop with 2Gb of ram, Geforce
7950 GTX, dual core...) Am i missing something ???

Manu.