Hi David,

The crash is likely down to memory requirements that I outlined
earlier.  General feedback is  that Linux is able to get further with
the Windows equivalent build on the same machine.  The OSG code doing
the build is identical across platforms so its likely just an issue of
how well an OS manages virtual memory.

Once the revamp of VirtualPlanetBuilder is done even WindowsXP should
be able to cope with big datasets.  It still be slower than equivalent
Linux as the file system and multi-thread efficiency is pretty poor
under XP.

Robert.