From: Stephen Schaub via osgi-dev <osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org>
Sent by: osgi-dev-boun...@mail.osgi.org
To: osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [osgi-dev] Using Gradle or Maven on a new OSGi project
Date: Mon, Jun 24, 2019 16:28

I'm new to OSGi and am starting a project. I found the enRoute material and noticed that the enRoute tutorials apparently at one time utilized Gradle as the build tool, but are now using Maven.

I'm more familiar with Gradle and have worked out how to use Gradle to do what I need for the project, but I was wondering 1) why the switch from Gradle to Maven for enRoute and 2) is Maven the preferred build tool for OSGi going forward? Is there a reason I should consider switching to Maven?

I've poked through the mailing list archives trying to find answers to these questions but can't seem to find a record of any discussions about this, so am hoping someone can shed some light for me.

--
Stephen Schaub