My rule of thumb is that smaller groups, say under 25, plan for half of people
to post a session. In the middle, say 25-200, plan on 1/3 of people posting
sessions and over that, about 20% will post sessions.

I recall a spreadsheet on how to determine room size and how many concentric
circles depending on numbers. Koos de Heer posted this in 2003:
http://www.auryn.nl/eng/requirements.html
<http://www.auryn.nl/eng/requirements.html>

Peggy

________________________________
Peggy Holman
Co-founder
Journalism That Matters
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
206-948-0432
www.journalismthatmatters.org
www.peggyholman.com
Twitter: @peggyholman
JTM Twitter: @JTMStream

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into Opportunity
<http://www.engagingemergence.com/>

> On Jun 5, 2019, at 8:03 AM, Jennifer Hurley via OSList
> <oslist@lists.openspacetech.org> wrote:
>
> I’ve always found that the number of topics get named for roughly 10 people
> per group, with slightly smaller groups (more topics) when the total group
> size is smaller and slightly larger when the total is larger.
>
> Jennifer Hurley
> Hurley-Franks & Associates
> 267-971-4598
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jun 5, 2019, at 9:50 AM, Lori Palano via OSList
> <oslist@lists.openspacetech.org <mailto:oslist@lists.openspacetech.org>>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>>
>> A number of years ago I seem to remember a resource shared on this list that
>> calculated an average number of breakout groups that tended to show up
>> according to the total number of participants based on the cumulated
>> experience of this community. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I think it
>> was an excel sheet. I'd like to find it again, but so far my searching
>> hasn't lead to anything.
>>
>> Here's hoping!
>>
>> Lori
>> Past archives can be viewed here:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org
>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/oslist@lists.openspacetech.org>_______________________________________________
> OSList mailing list
> To post send emails to OSList@lists.openspacetech.org
> Past archives can be viewed here:

  • [OSList] How lo... Jake Yeager via OSList
    • Re: [OSLis... Barry Owen via OSList
      • Re: [O... Jeff Aitken via OSList
        • Re... Tom Brown via OSList
          • ... Michael Herman via OSList
    • Re: [OSLis... Juliane Martina Roell (Structure & Process) via OSList
    • [OSList] n... Lori Palano via OSList
      • Re: [O... Royle, Karl via OSList
      • Re: [O... Jennifer Hurley via OSList
        • Re... Peggy Holman via OSList