I tried to changed the data directory but all maps are copied and not
moved. So you lose lot of space (several Go) and my phone was full.
The "copy" button should be a "moved" one.

I fixed my issue with the following steps:

   1.     uninstall all your maps with the old directory,
   2.     change the directory parameter to the new one. (I use my own
   directory because I would be able to send them by mail if needed)
   3.     and download your maps again.
   4.     Use the Jeroen Mols' process:
   http://jeroenmols.com/blog/2016/07/21/cyclinggps/

Regards