Hi,

(bumping back to the list)

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Stefanie Siegel <s.sie...@isb-siegel.de>wrote:

> Thank you for answering. Java ist running, should be alright.****
>
> ** **
>
> Osmosis also should be working now–I followed the steps here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Beginners_Guide****
>
> -But didn’t get any proper reaction to my created BAT-File.

Can you send the output?

I'd suggest start with something simple to see if osmosis is setup OK. just
running osmosis.bat should give something very similar to

C:\Users\mvexel>Downloads\osmosis-0.40.1\bin\osmosis.bat
Apr 23, 2012 9:43:42 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
INFO: Osmosis Version 0.40.1
Apr 23, 2012 9:43:42 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
INFO: Preparing pipeline.
Apr 23, 2012 9:43:42 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
INFO: Launching pipeline execution.
Apr 23, 2012 9:43:42 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
INFO: Pipeline executing, waiting for completion.
Apr 23, 2012 9:43:42 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
INFO: Pipeline complete.
Apr 23, 2012 9:43:42 AM org.openstreetmap.osmosis.core.Osmosis run
INFO: Total execution time: 695 milliseconds.

>  **
>
> Now I’m trying OSMembrane –runs for hours by now, cutting out Qatar using
> a bounding box out of asia-data from Geofabrik. Task-manager says there’s
> still something working. Don’t know what the result will be… .****
>
> Do you know how long this is supposed to take?****

Depends on a lot of factors, disk speed and available memory mostly. Are
you writing output to OSM XML or PBF? In that case, I'd say no more than a
few hours typically. You can check the growth of the output file, or run
task manager to see if there's still a Java process consuming significant
resources.

--
martijn van exel
geospatial omnivore