On Feb 15, 2018 3:09 PM, <temp.email....@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the help. Using exactly what you
posted while inside the ossec-hids-A.B.C directory: "sudo env
SETMAXAGENTS=9999 USE_ZEROMQ=y ./install", it installs but the output still
reports the default. Could this be incorrect? Is there another way to
verify the max agents?

I don't know off hand. I'll try looking into it though. It's not a setting
I've ever had to change.

I don't understand why there is no make in your instruction, but it seems
that the installer is doing its own make and probably overriding the one I
manually build right before using it (the installer). Here is some output
from the beginning go the install script:

Install.sh runs make itself. Therr is a binary install method, but I don't
remember it offhand

cd external/lua/ && make posix
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/username/ossec-hids-2.
9.3/src/external/lua-5.2.3'
cd src && make posix
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/username/ossec-hids-2.
9.3/src/external/lua-5.2.3/src'
make all SYSCFLAGS="-DLUA_USE_POSIX"
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/username/ossec-hids-2.
9.3/src/external/lua-5.2.3/src'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/username/ossec-hids-2.
9.3/src/external/lua-5.2.3/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/username/ossec-hids-2.
9.3/src/external/lua-5.2.3/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/username/ossec-hids-2.
9.3/src/external/lua-5.2.3'
make settings
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/username/ossec-hids-2.9.3/src'

General settings:
    TARGET:           server
    V:
    DEBUG: