Hi Amey,

> On Nov 22, 2017, at 7:51 AM, Amey Abhyankar <sco1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is it fine if I proceed with OTRS 5.0.24 installation now [using RPM
> package] or I need to roll back & do the OTRS installation 1st & then
> compile Oracle drivers?

For a fresh installation I recommend the following steps:

- Install and configure the operating system that you have a access with the
sqlplus client to the database for otrs
- Install DBD::Oracle (usually via cpan, I never saw an RPM for this, let me
know if you find one)
- Install the OTRS RPM (5.0.24)

AFAIK, the OTRS installer only works with MySQL and you have to install and
configure some parts on your own:

- Populate the database via sqplus with the following files:
  - scripts/database/otrs-schema.oracle.sql
  - scripts/database/otrs-initial_insert.oracle.sql
  - scripts/database/otrs-schema-post.oracle.sql
- Configure Kernel/Config.pm to use DBD::Oracle
- Check database access with the command bin/otrs.Console.pl
Maint::Database::Check
- Choose another SystemID than 10 ;-)

Now you should be ready to go.

- Roy