Hi,

On 1/19/21 11:22 AM, Matteo Sgalaberni wrote:
Hello,

Otrs company published that from 1 January 2021 no security updates will be
released and the 6.0 is definitively unsupported.

https://otrs.com/release-notes/attention-security-risk-with-otrs-6/

Some days ago they updated the SECURITY.md on github
https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/f11a60618b59b0dae5252e1a4a3c7efbe551bdea

Is it someone informed about what will happen now? The OTRS Community Edition
is definitively dead and we need to dispose it as the unique released version
is unsupported ad there are no newer version released?

I'd like to see a clear statement about the Community Edition myself coming from the company. I clearly remember, by the way, that when OTRS 7 appeared the company leaders promised that OTRS 7 will become free after a few years delay. They said the free versions will be about 2-3 years behind the paid versions. That happened on a meeting in Budapest, when OTRS opened a new office in Hungary in the same year when v7 was released. So if they keep their promise - and I expect them to do that - it is about time to make OTRS 7 free.

Yours: Laszlo

Thanks

Matteo