On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 1:24 AM, Jiri Benc <jb...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Darell, please fix your email client configuration to conform to
> RFC 3676 (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3676#section-4.5). Your
> replies are unreadable. In particular, the text you're replying to must
> be quoted by ">" character, clearly separating your reply from the
> original email.
>
> Also, wrap your lines at ~78 characters.
>
> If your email client does not support this, it is severely broken and
> you'll need to use a different one.

[Darrell] hmm, I thought when sending from my company e-mail client
              with a prefix annotation would help identify the response
clearly.
              For every other receiver, that seems work.
              Maybe, gmail client sender works better for you.

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 02:35:57 +0000, Darrell Ball wrote:
> > [Darrell] I guess part of the value of ofproto/trace is that it
> > matches as close as possible to other injection sources.
>
> Kernel datapath API has nothing to do with OpenFlow. In particular,
> using output from ovs-dpctl dump-flows in a place where OpenFlow is
> required could not be expected to work.

[Darrell] There was no suggestion otherwise in general. We were discussing
for one the difference b/w kernel and userspace DP for handling packet type
aware support. Specifically, the difference is here is as fundamental as it
gets -
eth vs non-eth, The discussed support for ofproto/trace is also in that
context;
see Jan's response. If you are interested you can read the previous
annotated
helpful.