On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 09:36:23 -0700, Darrell Ball wrote:
> [Darrell] There was no suggestion otherwise in general. We were discussing
> for one the difference b/w kernel and userspace DP for handling packet type
> aware support. Specifically, the difference is here is as fundamental as it
> gets -
> eth vs non-eth, The discussed support for ofproto/trace is also in that
> context;
> see Jan's response.

Ah, right, sorry.

So, the problem is that the two datapaths express the same thing
(packet type) differently, right? I think the solution would then be to
insert some kind of translation. ovs-dpctl dump-flows for the kernel
probably should output the flow in a format that ofproto/trace expects
and that matches the user space datapath. (And reverse that in the
other direction.)

 Jiri