On 8/27/2018 5:16 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
I can help with some of these.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 04:05:39PM +0000, Ophir Munk wrote:
Ian, can you please specify the practical steps regarding the new branches?
Specifically, what is the procedure for adding a new patch for either of the
branches (OVS DPDK latest or HWOK)?
1. What should the patch title include?

I guess this is up to Ian, although he should coordinate with Aaron to
make sure that the patch robot understands too.

We discussed this at the community call last week but it's good to raise it on the ML again for wider input.

The process we would follow is that patches would be submitted to the d...@openvswitch.org.

As the patches affects a particular branch and not master, contributors should submit the change with the target branch listed in the subject line of the patch.

The git format-patch argument --subject-prefix may be used when posting the patch, for example:

$ git format-patch HEAD --subject-prefix="PATCH branch-dpdk-latest"

or

$ git format-patch HEAD --subject-prefix="PATCH branch-dpdk-hwol"

@Aaron, would it be possible to setup the 0-day robot to recognize patches with the above subject header and apply/build the correlating branch?

2. Who is going to merge a new patch (as well as ongoing master branch updates)
into the relevant branch?

I expect that Ian will be the only one pushing to the new branches.

Yes, I'll handle merging the patches as well as the typical validation via vsperf to help identify any issues a patch may cause to performance or functionality.

3. Can I have write permissions in the new branches?

I'd prefer to have just Ian doing this work for now.

4. How can I inspect the new branches? Currently I am not seeing them.

I do not think that Ian has created the new branches yet.

I can create these today.

There was some discussion as regards the branch names. Before creating them are people happy with 'branch-dpdk-latest' and 'branch-dpdk-hwol' ?

If there are no objections then I'll go ahead with these today.

Ian