On 8/30/2018 9:31 AM, Stokes, Ian wrote:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 11:32:31AM +0100, Ian Stokes wrote:
On 8/27/2018 5:16 PM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 04:05:39PM +0000, Ophir Munk wrote:
4. How can I inspect the new branches? Currently I am not seeing them.

I do not think that Ian has created the new branches yet.

I can create these today.

There was some discussion as regards the branch names. Before creating
them are people happy with 'branch-dpdk-latest' and 'branch-dpdk-hwol' ?

If there are no objections then I'll go ahead with these today.

I'd leave out the "branch-" prefixes.  The existing branches only have
those prefixes because e.g. "2.10" seemed too easy to confuse with a
release name.

OK, that makes sense, we'll stick with 'dpdk-latest' and 'dpdk-hwol' so.

Just a quick follow up. I've push 'dpdk-latest' and 'dpdk-hwol' branches to the OVS repo so people can start using them.

If sending patches user the subject header prefix 'dpdk-latest' or 'dpdk-hwol' so that it's clear which branch the patch is intended for.

We should document the usage of these branches to make it clear they are intended to aid development work only, not a replacement for master so that casual users do not get confused. I'll look into this.

There are still a few questions we should nail down:

How often should dpdk-latest rebase to pull changes from master? Weekly/biweekly?

How often should dpdk-hwol rebase to pull changes form dpdk-latest?

I'd like to hear input from users on these as it would affect their workflow if they are active with these branches. If we can stick to a schedule it should make life easier.

Thanks
Ian