Hi Greg,

On Wed, Jul 6, 2022 at 11:57 PM Gregory Rose <gvrose8...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/2022 9:57 AM, Greg Rose wrote:
> > It is time to remove support for the OVS kernel driver and push
> > towards use of the upstream Linux openvswitch kernel driver
> > in it's place [1].
> >
> > There are many Linux specific source modules in the datapath that
> > will need eventual removal but some headers are still required for
> > the userspace code (which seems counterintuitive but...)

The easier would be to move the current copy we have in the datapath/
under the include/openvswitch/ directory.
Am I missing something else?

> > 1.  https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2022-April/393292.html
> >
> > Greg Rose (6):
> >    acinclude.m4: Remove support for building the OVS kernel module
> >    rhel: Remove kernel mode spec
> >    rhel: Remove RHEL 6 kernel module spec
> >    tests: Remove support for check-kmod test
> >    Documentation: Remove kernel module documentation
> >    Disable unsupported kernel builds
> >
> >   .github/workflows/build-and-test.yml          |  53 --
> >   Documentation/faq/releases.rst                |   5 +-
> >   .../contributing/backporting-patches.rst      |   7 +
> >   Documentation/intro/install/fedora.rst        |  24 -
> >   Documentation/intro/install/general.rst       |  63 --
> >   acinclude.m4                                  | 683 +-----------------
> >   rhel/automake.mk                              |  17 -
> >   rhel/kmod-openvswitch-rhel6.spec.in           | 123 ----
> >   rhel/openvswitch-kmod-fedora.spec.in          | 152 ----
> >   tests/automake.mk                             |   6 -
> >   10 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 1122 deletions(-)
> >   delete mode 100644 rhel/kmod-openvswitch-rhel6.spec.in
> >   delete mode 100644 rhel/openvswitch-kmod-fedora.spec.in
> >

> It seems I should have put the last patch first... Will reorder
> the series and resend V2.

- In this series, there are mentions of the removal happening in 2.17,
while we are working on 2.18.

- That there are still other things to remove in the rhel/ directory,
I'll try to send a summary by tomorrow.

- We should keep the AF_XDP test and building the kernel should
remain, as Ilya suggested.
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20220415214245.18948-7-gvrose8...@gmail.com/#2888008

--
David Marchand