<SNIP>

> >> This series also introduces optimized versions of the following
> >> actions:
> >>  - push_vlan
> >>  - pop_vlan
> >>  - set_masked eth
> >>  - set_masked ipv4
> >> Below is a table indicating some relative performance benefits for
> >> these actions.
> >> +-----------------------------------------------+-------------------+-----------------+
> >> with series |
> >> +-----------------------------------------------+-------------------+-----------------+
> >> +-----------------------------------------------+-------------------+-----------------+
> >> +-----------------------------------------------+-------------------+-----------------+
> >> +-----------------------------------------------+-------------------+-----------------+
> >> +-----------------------------------------------+-------------------+-----------------+
> >> +-----------------------------------------------+-------------------+-----------------+
> >> |
> >> +-----------------------------------------------+-------------------+-----------------+
> >>

> > Thanks all for the work/reviews on this,  given that it has been under
> discussion prior to the soft freeze I have merged this to master.
>
> Thanks, still would like some answers on the performance numbers.

<SNIP>

Hi Eelco,

These performance numbers were updated on the cover letter for the v8 of this
series as this was when some changes were made to the AVX code.
I didn't re run on v9/10/11/12.
However, I just re ran on the v12 and checked a few of actions (mod_dl_dst,
strip_vlan, mod_ipv4 4 x fields,  strip_vlan + mod_dl_dst + mod_ipv4 4 x
fields), and compared with the v8 data to ensure consistency.
Performance results are < 1% delta from the v8 posted data.

Thanks,
Emma