Aaron Conole, May 23, 2023 at 15:32:
> I think one issue I have with this is that the name is a bit
> misleading.  Control plane, from OVS perspective, would be like OpenFlow
> communications.  This is more like a traffic steering mechanism.
>
> Maybe it would help to call it something like "traffic-based-rps" or
> something like that (but not clear what would be best).  It is really a
> way to steer specific traffic to a distinct rxq.
>
> WDYT?

Actually, "packet-steering" was one of the first ideas I had for this
feature, but I thought it may be confusing. I am weary of reusing the
"rps" acronym as it may be confused with a linux specific feature:

https://docs.kernel.org/networking/scaling.html#rps-receive-packet-steering

The feature introduced in this patch is relying on RTE flow which has
nothing to do with Linux. However, I agree that the name should reflect
that we are steering traffic into a dedicated rxq. How about these
ideas?

I personally prefer "rxq-isolate".