From: <ovs-discuss-boun...@openvswitch.org> on behalf of James Page
<james.p...@ubuntu.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 2:49 AM
To: "b...@openvswitch.org" <b...@openvswitch.org>
Subject: [ovs-discuss] [openvswitch 2.8.0 dpdk] testsuite: 1211 1212 1213 1214
1215 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1224 1225 1226 2338 failed

Hi

I'm cutting builds from branch-2.8 in preparation for the ovs 2.8.0 release for
Ubuntu; we build and test two sets of binaries - a vanilla one and one with
dpdk enabled.

I see test failures on all of the "ofproto-dpif - conntrack" tests with the
DPDK build and with the ovn ACL test (see attached logs).  Vanilla build is
fine.

James

These are generic tests and should not be run with-dpdk set.
If you run these tests --with-dpdk, some tests will consider the packets coming
an actual dpdk interface, which they are not.
In this case, the packets will be marked with a bad checksum.

Are you able to run these tests as we do without “–with-dpdk” ?

Thanks Darrell

Also tracking this in Ubuntu under [0].

Cheers

James