On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 19:37 -0500, Ross Cathriner wrote:
> I got myself confused and therefore gave you bad information.
> Originally I found two versions of time.h, the first at
> usr/include/time.h has
> struct tm {
>     int    tm_sec;        /* seconds after the minute [0-60] */
> in the code.  The second one at usr/include/sys/time.h, which I must
> have copied and renamed systime.h instead of sys/time.h.  Therefore,
> there is NO systime.h in the system.
>

> Since you had already added the includes for systime.h I put the copy
> of systime.h in usr/include and ran bootstrap, configure, and make.

Ok.. I have removed the last patch again.

>  The error for stprage size of 'tz' isn't known was still there.  The
> usr/include/sys/time.h that I now call systime.h has struct timezone {
>     int    tz_minuteswest;    /* minutes west of Greenwich */
>     int    tz_dsttime;    /* type of dst correction */
> in the code.  I tried changing the struct timezone to struct tz, but
> came back with the same storage size error.  I don't really know what
> the linux tz is looking for.  A google search showed the tz and

The local variable "tz" was defined with the type "struct timezone"
struct timezone tz;

The the compiler can't find the type "struct timezone" in the header
files for some reason...  Even if we know it's defined
in /usr/include/sys/time.h and it's included from
owfs/module/src/include/ow.h. I have no idea why it can't find the
struct.

I just removed the timezone completely from the gettimeofday() calls
since it shouldn't be needed anyway. It should work for you if you
try the latest cvs again...

/Christian