I just checked the data sheet of the LinkUSB and it does not have a 1-wire chip at all but rather emulates the DS2480 - here an excerpt:

DS2480B/9097U Emulation
The LinkUSBTM is programmed to closely emulate a Dallas DS2480B serial port to 1-Wire line driver so that existing software can use it without modification. (The DS2480B is the basis for the Dallas DS9097 series of 1-Wire adapters.) This allows the LinkUSBTM to be used in place of the Dallas DS2480B in most cases where increased performance or reliability is required. Some DS2480B functions are not emulated by the
LinkUSBTM, as described below.