On 02/11/2014 02:29 PM, Colin Reese wrote:

> That sounds right. My complaint was that I have all my SPI on the Pi
> occupied, although in a pinch I could use another GPIO as an additional
> chip select.
>
> So what I have:
>
> Sensor(s) <-- (I2C, GPIO, etc) --> uC (ATMega) <-- SPI --> RFM <-- 433
> --> RFM <-- SPI --> uC (ATMega) <-- UART --> Pi

Oh, I see. On the RPi side, you don't have to talk to the RFM12B
directly from the RPi using SPI -- you can use serial to talk to the uC,
or you can get (or build) a device that has an USB port, and then
connect the device (the gateway to 433 MHz) to the RPi using USB and
talk to it through some serial communication protocol that you come up with.

Felix apparently has the Moteino-USB, which comes with an USB interface.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-