On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Jan Kandziora <j...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 28.04.2016 um 19:53 schrieb Juliean Galak:
> >
> > Ok, I found owhttpd.init in that archive, in the rpm/src directory, and
> > copied it to /etc/init.d/  I then rebooted. No apparent change - owhttpd
> > doesn't seem to be running.
> >
> You have to activate the service. Installing that file should make the
> "service" tool work as expected.

Still doesn't seem to work:

pi@raspberrypi ~/owfs-3.1p1/src/rpm $ sudo service owhttpd start
owhttpd: unrecognized service

When you say "installing" that file, do you mean simply copying it, with
"cp", or something more involved?  (Sorry, I'm not really a Linux expert)

> >> That's ok. Then what's the output of /sys/bus/w1/devices?
> >>

> > pi@raspberrypi ~ $ ls /sys/bus/w1/devices/
> > 28-000007298911  28-0115655f03ff  w1_bus_master1
> >
> Ah, 28-0115655f03ff is the same as /uncached/28.FF035F651501
>
> There is a disagreement about byte order in chip IDs. Paul originally
> chose to leave it as the bytes appear on the bus, but everyone else
> (including Dallas/Maxim) seem to do it the other way around, flipping
> the 6 middle bytes of the id. We cannot change this as not to break
> existing installations.
>
> As for the other devices listed, and some not listed, I expect your bus
> to be electrically unreliable. Reading /uncached/ advises the w1
> subsystem to do an extra "Search ROM" cycle and return the result, while
> it does this automatically, too, and may get different results.
>

> How do you wire your bus to the Pi? GPIO4 and nothing more? Level
> shifter? DS2483 on I²C? Is there another owserver running on some device
> in your network?
>
> Which chips are connected, physically?

Aha!  I didn't know about the byte flip.  That may explain it.

There are currently two DS18B20 temperature sensors connected, both just
via GPIO4.  No level shifters, just a single pull-up resistor, nothing
else.  No other devices on the network using owfs afaik - unless there's
something embedded in some device somewhere.

Thanks,
Juliean.