Am 28.04.2016 um 22:39 schrieb Juliean Galak:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Jan Kandziora <j...@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 28.04.2016 um 19:53 schrieb Juliean Galak:
>>>
>>> Ok, I found owhttpd.init in that archive, in the rpm/src directory, and
>>> copied it to /etc/init.d/  I then rebooted. No apparent change - owhttpd
>>> doesn't seem to be running.
>>>
>> You have to activate the service. Installing that file should make the
>> "service" tool work as expected.

I've set up a Raspberry Pi (Pi1) with Raspbian and checked the packages
available in the Raspbian Testing repository. They are OK.

So: please remove all the owfs tools installed from source first. The copied
files, too

Then use the owfs packages from the Raspbian testing repository. Edit
(or create) your /etc/apt/preferences to contain:
Package: *
Pin: release o=Raspbian,a=stable
Pin-Priority: 500

Package: *
Pin: release o=Raspbian,a=testing
Pin-Priority: 300
This is important so you keep stable (Jessie) for all packages but the ones
explicitly taken from testing (Stretch).

Then, add a line
deb http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ testing main contrib non-free
rpi
to your /etc/apt/sources.list to get access to the Raspbian testing repository.

Do an

$ sudo apt-get update

to read the package metadata, then check

$ sudo apt-cache policy

whether the testing repo is there with priority 300. Then

$ sudo apt-get update -t testing owserver owhttpd ow-shell

That should install all you need, including the startup files and systemd units.
Note you have to edit /etc/owfs.conf again to contain (this and only this)
!server: server = localhost:4304
server: w1
Restart the owserver and owhttpd service after that.

That way, both owread and owhttpd work as expected.

Kind regards

        Jan