Matthias Urlichs via Owfs-developers

> This might be a stupid question, but I do wonder why that board would
> need a DS2409 in the first place.
>
> Do you have a circuit diagram?
>
> I'd simply skip that chip. Just connect pads 2, 3 and 4.

I don't have the circuit diagram, but I think you have a good point.  I
only need to access the DS2438Z whih is on the main channel, so
connecting pin 2 and 3 should suffice.  (I haven't yet tested whether
the DS2438Z is working, though, and that one might have to be replaced
as well).  As far as I can tell, the only reasons why the board includes
a DS2409 would be for grouping the installed sensors (temperature,
humidity, solar), and to use pin 5 (CTRL) to light a led to indicate
traffic.

There is one catch, however, I use pin 5 as well to trigger the
ultrasound sensor so that it only measures the distance when the DS2438Z
is accessed.  I can work around this, however, by making triggering the
ultrasound sensor continously.

I have a partial diagram, just showing what I did with the LP-THS when I
built the snowdepth sensor:

http://voksenlia.net/met/snow.php

--
Steinar