I've had this happen to me a couple of times.  Now I won't do an update
until there is a lull in project work and I think I can survive the time it
would take to get things working again.  Which is annoying because each
update brings the hope that some of the annoying bugs will be fixed.
Including the bugs in the update process.

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama