Heh, yeah VS2022 search text boxes appear to be a bit wonky occasionally.
Tim Corey called it out in a MAUI first look video a few months back when something similar happened in the 17.3 preview bits. I guess it's not fixed yet... https://youtu.be/HmyfjAaPW0g?t=109

Speaking of annoyances with the latest VS2022 - the new git line staging thing is so aggressive with the mouse popup up at the end of a line now, making edits to a diff painful:
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/visualstudio/git-line-staging-released/