> Is anyone here actively using Blazor on a decent sized project? I used it
> for a while on my last contract but am unable to find new work anywhere
> that uses Blazor, not a single one!

Compared to server-side ASP.NET and JS Frameworks, Blazor is a gift from
heaven .. well ... sort-of. Here's a Friday story.

With the death of Silverlight, we had to replace an app with a quite rich
UI with something else, what?! Like many people, I was spitting chips angry
at the suggestion we must replace our Silverlight apps with HTML5 apps. The
idea that HTML+CSS+JS could replace a WPF-like rich web UI made me laugh
and cry at the same time.

Angular was really popular around 2018 so we got an offer to write a JS
replacement for $200/hr. I then decided to learn Angular and watched 5
hours of a 10 hour Angular course, at which point I gave up and said f**k
that s**t. Now what?

Luckily, Blazor 0.9 was in preview around this time. I spent a whole Sunday
afternoon experimenting with Blazor. By the end of the day I had quite a
sophisticated hobby app working with only a few hundred lines of coding,
thanks to the familiarity of using VS, C# and Razor markup (with a bit of
JS). The same app in ASP.NET would have taken 5 times as long and 5 times
the code. The same app in Angular would have required unfamiliar tooling
and millions of lines of script.

To answer your question, I have one quite complex Blazor app being used by
some huge US companies to analyse marketing data (using Telerik and
SpreadJS components to attempt to make charts and grids as fancy as was
possible in Silverlight). I have a couple of smaller apps in live use, and
few little ones for utility use.

I know the guys at Melbourne App Development
<https://melbourneappdevelopment.com/> are really keen on Blazor and were
using it for some serious apps just as it reached version 1.0. About 18
months ago, Adam Cogan at SSW said during the preamble to one of their
monthly presentations, that Blazor demand had overtaken JS.

I hope other people in here have similar stories.

I must end on a sad note. ASP.NET, Blazor, JS, or whatever, all finish-up
rendering in a web browser. It's tragic that the ancient dumb web browser
is now the only host for web apps, and that we must attempt to present
serious business applications using HTML, CSS and JS. The web browser was
invented so we could have flame wars and look at pictures of cats and porn,
it's barely evolved since then and it's completely inadequate for rendering
business applications. Sure it can, but look at the flaming hoops and all
the weird quirks you have to jump through. Web development is in a
lamentable state.

*Greg Keogh*