Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: turning a breech

Moxibutusion was highly effective in turning a breech baby in a trial I can't put my hands on at the moment.
ECV is successful in 51% of women, with a 75% vaginal birth rate in ANJOG 2001 41:4 .  A footling breech presentation or a previous caesarean were not exclusion factors.  This trial was conducted at St George Hosptial, Kogarah NSW.
The standard 3 times a day, bum up for 15 minutes is also pretty effective in many cases.
She could also try music placed in the vaginal area to try and coax the baby down or maybe daddy's voice.
Chiropractic treatment may also assist in turning a breech, my own chiropractor has a very high success rate. It is a gentle treatment which involves relaxing the pressure point in the pelvic area which can cause the muscule structure to tense up and keep a baby stuck.  I don't have any research to back this one up.
ECV can be pretty unpleasant, and Belinda found that the breathing exercises she learned in her first labour helped considerably in her being relaxed enough for the baby to be turned without tocolysis (which has side effects).

gotta go

Dean & Jo Bainbridge wrote:

seems to be something you are getting your teeth into!  Can you offer anything?Jo Bainbridge
founding member CARES SA
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 08 8365 7059
birth with trust, faith & love...
----- Original Message ----- To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 8:04 AMSubject: turning a breech
 Hi!  We have a client who is due in 5 weeks and her babe is presenting as footling breech.  The hospital is talking ceasarean if it doesn't turn.  I know there are exercises and other natural things that she can try - does anyone have some really effective methods to remedy this situation??Thanks, KarenNatural Instinct Doula Service