I made a paper about the first contact and the first feeding. I wrote it in
dutch, but maybe one of the dutch speeking listmembers has the time to
translate. At least there are some references at the end that may be
usefull. If someone is interested, I can send it off list.

When I worked in the hospital (I worked mostly at night when nobody
interferes) and now as independent midwife I never touch the babys after
birt. They are lying quiet on the mothers breast. We are packing our things
together and drinking tea, filling in papers or just reflecting on the
birth. Most of the time the baby starts drinking without anyone, even not
the mother 'helping'. The students are amazed, they never saw the capacity
of children to take care of there own surviving.

Warm greetings
Lieve