Unfortunately AIRC gave us (Public sector) the Business Planning
Framework as part of the interim or MX award not ratios. It is complex
to describe but it seems to be working at Townsville Hospital. If you
get onto their home page and look up the Red File it has the rostering
project which uses the BPF. Townsville seems to be able to close beds
depending on staffing levels. It amazes me.
Qld members, would you believe that those first educated (L3,4,5) on the
BPF had been using the abridged version leaving out getting service
profiles and consultation process. How, one must ask. Please check with
your delegates that the full version is used in training.
We wait patiently for the final Commission decision.
Homebirth midwives do have it tough but so too the hospital midwives.
There have been many negative changes imposed onto midwives that have
impacted on being able to provide midwifery care as it should be!
Cheers
Barb