Title: Re: [ozmidwifery] Cord Blood Storage
Perhaps a dumb consumer question but if this stuff is so valuable then why not give it to the babe at birth (could this then prevent imuno disorders later?)  Then again physiological third stage is so rare in the system.  I don’t understand why women don’t make the link! and let’s face it the cord can drain out stop pulsating and then wait for the placenta and if needed (for blood loss or an extended delay) synto can be given.  I know Michel Odent and Fredrick Leboyer are very hot on no interruption of the hormone cocktail that follows birth (makes sense to me).

Justine
HB Mum to 3 with all the good blood in them not the cord bank!

I have a client living in North-west Victoria who is keen to keep and store her baby's cord blood for use at a later date if required.  Has anyone had any experience of this and can you give me a contact?

Thanks

Anne