Dear Kylie,

I can email you chapters on any issue you want from my book "Spontaneous Creation: 101
Reasons Not to Have Your Baby in a Hospital."

To read a chapter online, go to www.SpontaneousCreation.org and click on excerpt.

Also the Midwife Archives at   www.GentleBirth.org  has all the latest info, including
midwife conversations on specific topics, on childbirth.

In health,
Jock Doubleday
Director
Natural Woman, Natural Man, Inc.
A California 501(c)3 Nonprofit Corporation
www.GentleBirth.org/nwnm.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 7/12/2004 8:01:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Kylie Carberry"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Hi everyone,
>I am a freelance journalist and thought this may be a good place to start
>for my research.  I would like to do an article on the benefits of midwife
>based care during pregnancy and birth.  I am a mother of four and although
>had midwives deliver my babies I had a different midwife each time I had a
>checkup and had to deliver at a hospital 30 minutes away from my home
>instead of the one 5 minutes away.  All because doctors wouldn't come to
>Shellharbour hopsital.  My deliverys have all been straghtforward and I
>didn't "give a hoot" if a doctor was available or not.
>Recently an announcement was made that a trial is finally underway for the
>midwife model of care in my area.  I find many women are very skeptical of
>this and would like to do an article to show how a natural part of life has
>become "medicalised." I feel women are now scared of birth, hence opting for
>epidurals, c-sections, inductions - all performed by OB's.
>That is the gist of the article...I'd like to outliine the benefits for mum
>and baby, eg does it reduce the risk of pnd, trauma for the baby, physical
>wellbeing.
>If anyone has any information relevant my email is
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>any help is much appreciated,
>cheers
>Kylie

Jock Doubleday
Director
Natural Woman, Natural Man, Inc.
A California 501(c)3 Nonprofit Corporation
www.GentleBirth.org/nwnm.org
www.SpontaneousCreation.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Wonders 1-7 cannot even match the wonder of flowers."
  (Gianina Ferreya, 5th grade, San Francisco)