Dear List, I in no way recommend the use of formula and feel enormous grief when I see a baby being bottle-fed and missing out on its birthright- breastmilk. However my point is that, like it or not, until all babies the world over are exclusively breastfed, they have to be fed something to keep them alive! I would hope that in the situation where a mother finds that she needs or wants to use a substitute milk (for whatever reason- we do not live in an ideal world where women have not been exposed to the insidious propaganda and brainwashing from stereotypical TV shows and clever advertising campaigns, misinformation and medicalisation of the whole birth process) it is the optimum substitute available. How do you people support your clients who go against everything you believe in and work for the promotion of, and still "choose" to formula feed? My three own babies were exclusively breastfed for as long as they wanted to continue the breastfeeding relationship, and I too have wet-nursed another woman's baby. I am passionate about every baby's right to breastmilk, however I do not wear blinkers to the fact that this is a real and imperfect world we live in. My original point is not to throw the baby out with the bath water. Thankyou for the suggestions and helpful feedback, with love Fiona