Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 8:10 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] another induction

Hi all,
a woman I know has been asked by her OB if she will consent to be induced at 39 weeks (ie right now) because he's going away. Yes, you read it right. He took on a client knowing he was going to be away when she came to the end of her pregnancy OR he decided to go away after taking her on - either is appalling. I've sent her Henci Goer on induction along with my outrage and suggestion that she complain about him officially.
I'm so enraged by it. I'm just livid! What other branch of medicine would this happen in???
Sigh. Roll on the medicare stuff and proper care for women and babies.
J < - almost despairing but not quite...
Joyous Birth
Home Birth Forum - a world first!
http://www.joyousbirth.info/forums/

Accessing Artemis