From: Andrea Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Men at births
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:55:37 +1000

This is an interesting report in today's Sydney Morning Herald. I remember Michel Odent talking about research done in the US that explored the effect on a couple's sexual relationship when the man had been exposed to the birth process. Michel was advocating that women might want to retain some of their "sexual mystery" by excluding men from the birth room. I have been at births where I wondered how the father was taking the sight of a practitioner cutting an episiotomy.....

What does everyone think about this?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/08/30/1125302566185.html

Regards,

Andrea

-----
Andrea Robertson
Birth International * ACE Graphics * Associates in Childbirth Education

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.birthinternational.com