Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a woman I am supporting due in two weeks who emailed me with this:

I had a slight incident this morning... Was using an epi-no birth trainer (for the second time) in an effort to reduce the risk of tearing or needing an episiotomy, and although it didn't hurt when it was inside me, when i pushed it out according to the instructions, i thought that it hurt like i was tearing apart, and boy, i hope labour isn't this bad Smile

But i was right, cos i went the the toilet straight away and there was blood all over the tissues and toilet seat etc... Called my obs, who said not to worry, i've probably just torn a bit of my vagina, and it can happen during birth etc...

Anyway, only bleeding a little bit now, but as i'm due VERY soon, i'm a little worried it wont heal in time and i'll tear really badly now...

Does anyone know how long will it take for this to heal so i don't have to worry???”

Best Regards,

Kelly Zantey
Creator,
BellyBelly.com.au
Gentle Solutions For Conception, Pregnancy, Birth & Parenthood
BellyBelly Birth Support