From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Janet Fraser
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 2:58 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Post cs support

Speaking as someone who helps pick up the pieces after these scenarios, this is what I offer as a starting point:
http://www.joyousbirth.info/articles/dealingtraumaticbirth.html
As well as a pamphlet on PTSD symptoms, and one for partners on how to support a traumatised woman.

The various groups I run offer peer support and accurate birthing information. We encourage women to seek their birth records and go through them with a disinterested party, to look at the reasons why they made choices which put them in more vulnerable positions, and provide resouces with how to make more nurturing choices next time - provided it's not an emergency hysterectomy as that's a whole other kettle of fish. We offer contacts for groups and counselling in each state, where they exist.
: )
I'll be interested to see what those closer to the coalface are offering to consumers as well. It would be neat to work in concert!