Thank you to everyone who replied on & off list. Your comments were very helpful and I will pass them on to the birth attendant AND file them away for my own future reference!

Cheers,
Andrea Bilcliff
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 11:05 AM

Subject: [ozmidwifery] Breastfeeding

I'm posting this on behalf of a birth attendant who has contacted me. She will be supporting a woman soon who has for want of a better term, 'breast issues'.

The woman really wants to breastfeed but the thought of it makes her feel ill. She hates it when her partner touches her breasts. The birth attendant is not sure whether this is related to previous sexual abuse or not.

I've never come across this situation before and wondered if others had experience of this and what helped the women?

Thanks,

Andrea Bilcliff