  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kylie Carberry
Sent: Thursday, 21 December 2006 9:10 AM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: [ozmidwifery] breastfeeding as contraception

I am doing a story on contraception for a pareting magazine. I want to state
that the WHO confirmed breastfeeding as 98 per cent effective means of birth
control for the first six months   provided the baby was fully breasfed and
periods have not commenced. So as far as the 'fully' part goes, how is that
interpreted. My friend thought she was fully breastfeeding, however, her
twin boys were sleeping 8 hours at night and thus she became pregnant when
they were four months old. So does fully mean no less than four-hourly
feeds. Or should women just take added precautions if they are not up for
any little surprises.

thanks in advance

Kylie Carberry
Freelance Journalist
p: +61 2 42970115
m: +61 2 418220638
f: +61 2 42970747

-- This mailing list is sponsored by ACE Graphics. Visit to subscribe or
unsubscribe.