Hello Louis,

Thanks for your detailed response.

Naturally, fixes need approval and there is always the next release:)

As for the node deactivation, I think there are several options. IMO, it
needs to at least be settable - i.e., if the PF admin declares a node
inactive, then inactive it is.

Secondly, I'd say something like active polling may work. As soon as you
poll and fail to detect it at the switch you last saw it plugged in you
mark it as inactive. Nothing wrong with that, IMO - if it reappears
elsewhere you just mark it as active again.

Be that as it may- what is the current SOP for handling these situations?

Cheers,

Boris.