Hello Louis,

I am fully with you as far as the notion of polling being burdensome and
not scaling well goes. And perhaps I lack clear understanding of what of a
node's intended life cycle - and that may be a cause for some confusion.

Let us say I have a node that i have disconnected and no longer have any
use for - it died, went to heaven, etc. So do I delete it - or just keep it
around as a memory in PF? Because for now it appears difficult to delete -
through the interface at least.

Or, perhaps, do I create a special role to it - like "departed" - and
assign it to that node?

This is what I am confused about.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Cheers,