Hello All,

A very good day to you all.

I have a basic PacketFence set-up using the latest release version 6.2.9
running on RHEL 6.8. I have set-up in VLAN enforcement mode and have been able
to perform the initial configuration for both PacketFence, thus defined a
switch (Cisco 2960) with SNMP v3 auth|priv and created a user in snmptrapd.

I can see the SNMP trap messages being sent to the server, processed by
snmptrapd and written to snmptrapd.log, also packetfence.log shows entries for
pfsetvlan as follows:

Pfsetvlan (6) ERROR: could not convert dot1dBasePort into ifIndex in any
VLAN.Setting tratType to unknown (pf::Switch::Cisco::parseTrap)

Since I have this switch set-up with mac-learrned traps, I was expecting
PacketFence to show this up as newly discovered devices with the MAC and device
information. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

RagnaL