Von: B McLellan [mailto:bob.mclel...@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2016 13:24
An: packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: [PacketFence-users] MySQL login fails

Hi,

I'm trying to run the initial config on a new packetfence install and I get as
far as step 4 'Packetfence' but clicking the continue button does not progress
to the next step. In /usr/local/pf/logs/packetfence.log I see

 FATAL: unable to connect to database: Access denied for user 'pf'@'localhost'
(using password: YES) at /usr/local/pf/lib/pf/version.pm<http://version.pm>
line 42.

This doesn't make sense as I'm sure the password I supplied is correct. I've
even tried restarting mysql with --skip-grant-tables to be sure that auth isn't
causing an issue.

This has happened on and a Debian Jessie install using the deb package and on a
ZEN deployment. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Am I doing something
stupid in the setup?

Bob