Oswaldo,

Allow me to set the record straight here.

1. Yes, the Socket SD card scanner and Bluetooth CHS scanners are fully
compatible with the Palm TX.  I have personally tested the SD card and BT
CHS units on my TX, LifeDrive, TE2, Z72, T5, Treo 600 (no BT), Treo 650, and
original T|T devices, with complete success.

It was not compatible with my Tapwave Zodiac2.  Having the SDIO slot as the
second expansion slot on the Z2 seemed to confuse the SD scanner card.  The
BT CHS was OK with the Z2.

2. We wrote an extension for our Satellite Forms development tool, for the
Socket scanners (SD, CF, BT) on both the PalmOS and PocketPC platforms,
using the Socket scanner APIs, which gives developers more control than
using the keyboard wedge.

The Socket APIs are available both as a CodeWarrior static (link) library,
and as a standard shared library, which you should be able to access from
GCC and many other development tools.

If you do not have success using the shared lib with GCC, then use the
keyboard wedge.

3. We do have SatForms developers using the combination of the Palm TX and
Socket scanners (both SD and CHS) in deployed production applications --
this works in real world use, not just the lab.

Regards,

--
David Thacker
http://www.SatelliteForms.net