I just got around to rebuilding Pan to run on openSUSE Leap 15.3; I
pulled the latest code from the GNOME gitlab repo about 3 hours ago for
the build.

So far, it's looking good, but one thing I've noticed is that if I
navigate from message to message in gmane.linux.suse.opensuse.project,
the group pane resizes itself and won't let me change it back.  For
example, the message thread titled "Minutes of openSUSE Board meeting
2022-04-05" works fine, but the first message in the "discussion/workshop
on Leap Successor & notes from Community Meeting 1: Week 17" causes the
group pane to shrink by 50% and I can't resize it larger (I can make it
smaller, though).  If I advance to the second message in that thread, it
shrinks to just 1 character wide.

It also seems that I can't generally reduce the overall window size very
much - maybe about 95-97% of the screen width (I have a 4k display with a
secondary 1280x1024 display).

This issue seems to be related to the width of the column headers in the
header pane - if I shrink the "Bytes" column by 50% (it won't shrink much
more than that), I can see more of the group pane, but just scrolling
through the thread list, it still is being reduced regularly.

What can I look at to resolve this?

--
 Jim Henderson