basavaraj.pa...@nokia.com writes:

> Hi Jari,
>

> On 6/3/09 6:21 AM, "ext Jari Arkko" <jari.ar...@piuha.net> wrote:
>

> > Draft-ietf-pana-ipsec: what's up with this? If I remember correctly,
> we
> > talked about finding an editor and there were some volunteers. Has a
> > decision been reached on who is doing the edits? Secondly, we talked
> > about what needs to be done with the draft, and at least one issue
> was
> > identified about the selection of keys. I have not seen a conclusion
> > from this thread, nor any updates to the draft. Are we ready to make
> the
> > conclusion, or is more discussion needed? Can people go through the
> > draft identify other remaining issues?
>
> Regarding this I-D, I do not believe there is sufficient interest or
> energy
> to complete the work.

That's an interesting statement.  Upon what evidence is it based: the fact
that at least one person volunteered to edit the draft?  Perhaps the
apparently general agreement that there are no major technical issues with
it & that all the changes needed are editorial (the only technical issue I
could find was one w/Yoshi's key derivation draft, successfully quashed by
Alper)?

> Hence rather than being bogged down in the
> process of
> updating the I-D and progressing it, it would be best to drop this I-D
> from
> the WG charter and let it expire.

I could have sworn that being thus "bogged down" was the major purpose of
IETF WGs!

> I will send another note to the ML
> and
> ensure there is consensus on this decision.

I think you already did, or will I need to recapitulate this response?