Fri Nov 13 05:26:37 2009: Request 50641 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by SMUELLER
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Not recognized dependencies in Modules YAML and Maketext
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: g...@transsolar.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=50641 >

Hi,

On Mon Oct 19 06:11:09 2009, g...@transsolar.com wrote:
> I have 2 problems with the pp tool on Windows xp.
> First: I can't generate a par file if the Module YAML and Maketext are
> used
>

>     1. Problem: Dependencies are not recognised
>

> I have a small test program, which shows this.
> testparpacker.pl works
> pp -p -o test.par testparpacker.pl
> #no error message
> parl test.par
> # leads to an error:
> The Modul Data::Dumper is not recognized.

I can't reproduce this. Eventhough this is Linux (I have no win32), it
seems unlikely to be a win32<->linux issue.

> If I try to include it with  pp -p -M Data::Dumper -o test.par
> testparpacker.pl
> There will be no error, but the same error message after program
> start.

Try extracting the par file (it's a ZIP). Does it have the Data::Dumper
.pm and .dll files? Data::Dumper is a core modules. Does using the -B
option help?

> Can't locate Data/Dumper.pm in @INC (@INC contains: CODE(0x11490fc)
> C:\DOKUME~1\mgut\LOKALE~1\Temp\par-mgut\cache-
> 946ce7a4f68d72a75ac3d1ac3892bcbfb0f86d7d\inc\lib
> C:\DOKUME~1\mgut\LOKALE~1\Temp\par-mgut\cache-
> 946ce7a4f68d72a75ac3d1ac3892bcbfb0f86d7d\inc
> CODE(0x1090ef4) . CODE(0x10910d4)) at YAML/Base.pm line 162.
> Compilation failed in require at script/testparpacker.pl line 3.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/testparpacker.pl line 3.
>
> Also if  I copy the modul by hand in the Par File (test2.par) I get a
> similar error:
>
> Can't locate loadable object for module Data::Dumper in @INC (@INC

Copying by hand is error prone for XS modules since you have to set up
the correct shared library paths, etc.

> Also the language-Files for the Module Maketext are not included in
> the
> par-File

I'm not very familiar with the Locale::Maketext setup. I presume the
language files are installed as some sort of "shared" data. You may have
to add them manually to the package using the -a switch. I don't think
there is a way for Module::ScanDeps to detect dependencies on non-Perl
resources.

> One problem seems to be, that scandeps.pl does not find the modules. (
> The result of scandeps.pl is included in the zip-file -> scan.txt)

>     2. Problem: Can't generate exe files with ActiveState Perl version
>     v5.10.1
>
> with Version v5.10.1 pp crashes if I want to generate a exe-file.
> This seems to be a general problem. I found the same error message
> when
> I google the problem, but found no solution until now:
>
> Set up gcc environment - 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)
> Can't load 'C:/Programme/Perl/lib/auto/IO/IO.dll' for module IO:
> load_file:Die angegebene Prozedur wurde nicht gefunden at
> C:/Programme/Perl/lib/XSLoader.pm line 70.
>  at C:/Programme/Perl/lib/IO.pm line 11
> Compilation failed in require at C:/Programme/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm
> line
> 266.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> C:/Programme/Perl/lib/IO/Handle.pm
> line 266.
> Compilation failed in require at C:/Programme/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm
> line 101.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> C:/Programme/Perl/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101.
> Compilation failed in require at C:/Programme/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm line
> 133.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Programme/Perl/lib/IO/File.pm
> line 133.
> Compilation failed in require at -e line 448.
> C:\Programme\Perl\site\bin/pp: Failed to extract a parl from
> 'PAR::StrippedPARL::Static' to file 'parldHkYm2V.exe' at
> C:/Programme/Perl/site/lib/PAR/Packer.pm line 1155, <DATA> line 1.

How did you install PAR::Packer? Your version of PAR::Packer has to be
compatible with your perl build.

Try installing PAR::Packer from source. It should fix your second problem.
Cheers,
Steffen