Fri Jan 22 06:28:38 2010: Request 52794 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by snaury
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Multiple tests failing on strawberry perl
   Broken in: 1.001
    Severity: (no value)
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: javier...@gmail.com
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=52794 >

Птн Янв 22 05:48:14 2010, snaury писал:
> What makes me wonder is if this patch introduces problems for older
> versions of Perl? I.e. do we really need to canonicalize paths in
@inc?

I just tested this with Strawberry Perl 5.10.0.6 and this problem also
occured. Since I could remember that I installed PAR::Packer before I
went to my sources cache and found version 0.991, which indeed doesn't
have this problem. I went thru archives and found this bug first
appeared in 0.992_04. One notable difference is that for the first time
myldr/utils.c unsets a bunch of PERL* environment variables, ensuring
that it does not depend on system perl.

So maybe this bug with backslashes was there for a very long time,
suddenly starting to cause test failures.