Thu Jan 28 00:54:49 2010: Request 35882 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by zephg
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: pp -P => Can't locate PAR/Heavy.pm
   Broken in: 0.978
    Severity: Normal
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: d...@cpan.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=35882 >

On Sat Jan 09 18:30:25 2010, CHOCOLATE wrote:
> On Wed May 14 10:56:44 2008, DJH wrote:
> > When I run pp -P and try to execute the resulting file on another
> > machine with a newer perl, it produces the error: Can't locate
> PAR/Heavy.pm
>
> Running an .exe generated on a clean XP Pro SP3 by:
>
>     pp -o foo.exe foo.pl
>
> on the same system (with C:\strawberry (5.10.1.0) temporarily renamed),
> I get the same error. One thing I noticed while trying to fix it is that
> @INC is listed as:
>
> C:/strawberry/perl/lib
> C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib
> C:\strawberry\perl\vendor\lib
> .
>
> On a hunch that there was something not quite right about that
> vendor/lib path, and after failing by various means to persuade pp to
> bundle PAR, I copied all the vendor/lib packages over to site/lib,
> compiled an .exe and it worked.
>
> vendor/lib makes perfect sense, of course, as the target for "value
> added" modules, but it looks like either PAR or Strawberry Perl is
> having some teething problems adjusting to it.
>
> The move away from site/lib was quite recent (September 2009). If anyone
> has a copy of Strawberry Perl 5.10.1.0 Beta 1 (the last version to use
> site/lib) and Beta 2 (the first version to use vendor/lib) lying around,
> it might be worth seeing if that transition broke pp.

I'm having the same issue.  For me the 'fix' was installing PAR from the
MSys 'shell'. This seems to have installed under site vs vendor.  Now
the issue of "Can't locate XXX" has moved to other modules that are
installed under vendor, such as Archive::Zip.