Wed Feb 03 16:44:49 2010: Request 54074 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by m.noon...@comcast.net
       Queue: PAR-Packer
     Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #54074] PAR test fails a gui test with
Win32/Exe.pm
   Broken in: 1.002
    Severity: Normal
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: m.noon...@comcast.net
 Ticket <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=54074 >

You suggested writing to Steffen Muller to check the basename of $cc
because, to restate the problem,  I cannot by hand do
     pp --gui --icon hi.ico -o hello.exe hello.pl
because my MinGW's cc is not /^gcc\b/i, which is what is looked for.
This also causes the 31st of  the t/20-pp.t test file to fail, which is
the same thing I am trying to do by hand above.

My cc is not necessarily gcc, either, as I use a Microsoft compiler
sometimes, too.  I am sure others do, too.  Recompiling ActiveState perl
to get a module to work does not seem the way to go.

Steffen, can you alter the Par::Packer code to check what cc is in use?
My Windows XP ActiveState Perl 5.10.1 gets the error
Can't call method "remove" on an undefined value at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/Exe.pm line 220, as reported in the rt bug.

Thanks